Did you know our child health videos have won national awards?!
Every year, the Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH) of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) holds an annual video competition. The competition aims to improve knowledge translation of research within IHDCYH’s strategic research priorities, and help demonstrate the impact that evidence can and does have on maternal, reproductive, child and youth health in Canada.
The following videos were awarded prizes in IHDCYH Talks competitions:
- What to expect when visiting the emergency department during the COVID-19 pandemic (2021 – Special Commendation Prize)
- Cough, Cold, and Wheeze: How to help manage your child’s bronchiolitis (2019 – Special Commendation Prize)
- Mom! My ear hurts: What to do when your child has ear pain (2018 – Special Commendation Prize supported by the Institute of Infection and Immunity)
- My child is vomiting and has diarrhea: when should I take them to the Emergency Department? (2017 – Special Commendation Prize)
- A barky, seal-like cough in children (2015 – Second Place Prize)
The ECHO research program is focused on improving health outcomes for children with acute health conditions through the application of the best available evidence — a process known as knowledge translation (KT).